Video Player is a built in video player with multiple capabilities and features, and supports the following file formats:
Make sure that whoever is developing movies for your room optimizes them to suit a DSL or Cable connection. They will want to take the movie dimensions into account as well. More technical information can be found here.
Special Note: The maximum supported input file size is 500 Mb, and it is adviced that all videos have a bitrate of 1000kbps or lower.
Uploading a Video
Follow these simple steps to upload a video file.
- Click the Video Player tab (Select from the media module bar).
- Click button.
- Click the button. Then, select the appropriate file from the file browser and click 'Open'.
Next, from the panel, click 'Start Upload'. You can set the quality to High or Medium.
- Please make sure that your source files are encoded with a video bitrate of 1000 kbps or less. This is so even attendees with low bandwidth connections will have a smooth viewing experience.
- If you know many of your attendees will have internet connection limitations, please selcect the Low Quality setting. The videos will still look the same, while the bitrate for playback will be lowered further.
Recording Your Own Video
You can record a video (with or without audio) with Video Player and add to the list instantaneously. To record a video,
- Click the button.
- It will open the webcam configuration panel. Please follow the guide here to configure video and audio input.
- Click the 'Start Recording' button to start the recording. You can also change the initial setup from this panel.
- Click the 'Stop' button when you want to end the recording.
- The next set of buttons will help you to save the video. Type a name and click 'Save'.
- To discard, click 'Cancel' button.
If you don't see Video Player module among the media module tabs, it might not be enabled. To enable the Video Player for your conference room,
- Log in to your Admin Page
- Click Modify Rooms Settings.
- Select your room from the list.
- Scroll and locate the Room Functions options.
- Check the box Video Player.
- Click the Update Changes button when done.