If you are unable to open files inside the Documents Folder (displayed at the bottom right corner) this could be due to one of the reasons listed below. Please follow these steps to ensure you can access files:
Scenario 1: You might receive the following error
Special note: NumericID can be a numeric value.
Fix: Windows Operating System
- Please follow the procedure and synchronize the system clock.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Right click System Time panel in taskbar (at the bottom-right corner).
- Click Adjust Date/Time option.
- Make sure time zone selection is accurate (best practice).
- If the time is inaccurate, either manually edit the clock of follow the next few steps to configure a time server to synchronize your system clock with an internet time server.
- Click Internet Time tab.
- Click Change Settings button.
- Select Synchronize with an Internet time server if it is not already selected. By default, the time server is time.windows.com. But you can use a custom server.
- Click Update now.
- If successful, Click OK twice to close the panels.
Fix: Mac OS X - You can adjust the clock manually or sync with an NTP. However, with Mavericks, it is better to keep the clock synchronized manually as reports tell that there are issues with Internet time synchronization.
Scenario 2: You may also receive different error messages (e.g., error 102: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED)
Cookies are files created by websites you've visited to store browsing information, such as your preferences for the website or profile information. A corrupted cookie file may be causing this error to show up. For a step by step guide please click here.
Check your pop up blocker
- Click Tools > Internet Options. Alternatively, you can type inetcpl.cpl in the search box in the Start Menu or use Start > Run > type inetcpl.cpl and press the Enter key.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Under Pop-up Blocker click the Settings button.
- In the given space, type the following site and click Add: https://*.webConference.com.
- Note that * stands for All or Any (as an example, this matches a domain name test.webconference.com. Then it will be allowed).
- Click Tools > Options (If Tools menu is not displayed, press the F10 key).
- Click the Content tab.
- Click the Exceptions button to the right of Block pop-up windows.
- *Add the following URL and click Allow: *.webConference.com.
- Open a new Tab.
- Type the URL and press Enter: chrome://settings/contentExceptions#popups
- To allow all the Web Conference host sites, type the following and hit Enter: https://[*.]webConference.com.(Make sure you select Allow from the drop down menu).
- Add the following URL and click Allow: *.webConference.com.
- You can force using the port 443 by entering https://[*.].webConference.com:443.
- Click the configuration icon at the top right corner.
- If Block Pop-Up Windows setting is checked (enabled), uncheck it (alternatively, you can press the keys Ctrl+Shift+K).
- For older browsers, you can go to Preferences and click Security and deselect Block pop-up windows.
- Add the following URL and click Allow: *.webConference.com
- You can force using the port 443 by entering https://[*.].webConference.com.
If you use Internet Explorer, our File Server's IP Addresses may be listed in your restricted sites.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options. (see the gear-shaped icon in the upper right)
- In the Security tab click on the Restricted sites icon and click the Sites button.
- IP Addresses may look similar to these: 78.15.*.*, 220.127.116.11, 66.*.*.*
- Please remove all IP Addresses listed in this box (select IP addresses and click Remove button (they may appear in the same format as any listed above).
- Click Close and then OK to exit the Internet Properties area.
- Exit and Re-enter the conference room.
- Open the Internet Options panel.
- Click the Security tab and click Trusted sites under zones.
- Click the Sites button.
- *Type the following URL and click Add button https://*.webConference.com
- Click Close and click OK.
- If you have configured the router with a proxy IP, remove the IP and save the settings. Reboot the router.
- Type inetcpl.cpl in the search box in the Start Menu or use Start > Run > type inetcpl.cpl and press the Enter key.
- Go to Connections and click LAN settings button.
- Select Automatically detect settings. Deselect Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Click OK twice.
If you are using a Proxy Server IP Address for your browser/router (or a Proxy Application), note that some proxy servers do not allow downloads. You have to use the IP address provided by your ISP. Note: Certain types of malware (Trojans and Win32 viruses) alter these configurations.
- Click Tools > Options (If Tools menu is not displayed, press the key F10).
- Click Advanced, then click the Network Tab.
- Click the Settings button next to Configure how Firefox connects to Internet under Connections.
- If you are using a manual proxy setting, make sure you have specified an SSL Proxy. Note that some proxies do not support SSL (however, if you have not specified an SSL proxy you may be already having access issues to Web Conference rooms). Click OK twice. Re-join the room and check again.
- If the above step did not work, you can use Use system proxy settings or Auto-detect proxy settings for this network, if you do not know whether you are using a proxy address for the computer or the network. Click OK twice. Re-join the room and check again.
- If neither works, select No proxy. Click OK twice. Re-join the room and check again.
Corporate Firewall/System Policies
If you are in a network which is managed by a corporate firewall or system policies, those configurations may prevent you from downloading from unknown sites (or download may be prohibited). In this case, you have to contact your Systems Administrator.
Personal Firewall/Internet Security Application
If you are using a personal firewall or internet security applications, you have to configure rules to access webconference.com and allow file downloads. Alternatively, you can temporarily disable the application.
*Special Note: Check with your web conference provider on what to put in for "webConference.com".