We are having issues with recasts and MP4 conversion but we are looking into this - rest assured.
Important Update: The list of unsupported features has been updated.
The Webinato Mobile App (current version 5.1) is available in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. The app provides support for the vast majority of all features with the Webinato system.
Please note: Although the Mobile app works on smartphones, it has been optimized for iPad and Android tablets.
Recommended Connection: WiFi. Cellular connections may not have the stability needed for live events, but they can still be used if no wireless alternative is available.
The login process is quite simple as shown below. All logins should be completed in a browser page which will launch the app from there. Please do not launch the app directly on your mobile device.
- Open your mobile device browser at the room link as if you were connecting from a PC or Mac. Your browser should show the Mobile login page with Step 1 and Step 2. If not, it means you have set your mobile browser to act as a regular browser. In that case, click the Mobile Login link.
- Get the Webinato Mobile app and install it if you have not done so before. Once the installation process is complete, go back to your web browser.
- Tap the Tap here to launch button.
- Follow the instructions and when prompted enter email and password if any. If no password is required for the room, there will be no password field visible.
SSO (Single Sign-On) access from another website is also supported.
While our goal is to have the Mobile App experience be very similar to that of the Desktop Browser Application, there are times (when comparing the two platforms) where there may be some differences. Here are the features that are and are not supported by the Webinato Mobile App.
- Audio, Live Video, Chat, and Announcements
- Slides (but without animations)
- Desktop Sharing viewing
- White Board
- Video Player
- Instant Poll
- Documents Folder
- Login from other websites (Single Sign-On)
- Audio Player including sound effects and Internet radios
- Maximize media content by double-tapping (in most cases)
Unsupported features: Updated
- Additional Chat Tabs
- Multiple Audio Channels
- Chat and Announcement History (Mobile Users will only see chat messages that appear after they log in)
- Links shared from the documents folder
- Closed Captioning
- Private Messaging
- Top Banner and In-room Advertisement
- World Map
- Webcam and Live Video
Limitations of supported features:These features may look a bit different when viewing content side-by-side with the web application:
- Audio issues may arise when using weak, WiFi, or 4g connections
- Live Video from a Webcam does not show on iOS devices (only audio is heard without the video). It works on Android devices
- Live Video is only shown under the participants' list
- No slide animations and transitions
- Split Screen media tabs (if the webinar room has been configured that way in the Desktop Version) are not supported
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article