The Timer tool displays a digital countdown clock in the webinar room. This helps participants to keep track of the time. For example, you can use it to show presenters how much time is remaining in the event, or to let the audience know how much time is left until the start the webinar.
Who has access to the Timer?
Only an organizer can utilize the Timer tool.
Enabling the Timer
- Log in to the admin page as an organizer with administrative rights.
- Click the Modify Room Settings link.
- Click the desired room from the list, to view and edit properties.
- Find the section "Additional Organizer Tools :"
- Select the checkbox next to the Timer.
- Scroll down and click the Update Changes button.
- Start a new session (End the current session for all the participants, if a session is already running) by opening the webinar room.
- Click Tools and confirm the availability.
Using the Timer
- Click the Tools menu at the bottom right of your screen.
- Click Timer. The timer pops up.
- Fill the given boxes with the desired values. Time format is hh:mm:ss (Hours:Minutes:Seconds). In other words, specify hours in the left most box, minutes in the middle one and seconds in the right most one, with the default value for each blank box being "00". As an example, if you want to start a countdown of 5 minutes, type 5 in the middle one, for a timer of 00:05:00.
- If you only want Presenters and Organizers to see the countdown, select the For Presenters Only checkbox. If you want all the participants to see the countdown, do not select this box.
- Now you are ready to start the time. Click the play button at the right most position.
Timer in Action
To stop the timer, click the stop button at the right most position.
Can I Paused/Resume the Timer?
Timer does not support functions such as pause/resume.