Announcements are an excellent way to post important information to everyone in the room. These announcements show over the top of other chat messages and content, and can also be made with an audio notification, for added visibility.
To use the Announcements feature, you have to first ensure your Announcement Mode is enabled in the Chat Options section of the Modify Room Settings, located on your Admin Page.
To learn more about the Modify Room Settings page, click here.
- You have the choice via pull-down menu to have the Announcement Mode:
- Disabled: Removes the Announcement tab from the chat area
- Normal: The Announcement Tab appears along with the other tabs in the Chat Area
- Side By Side: The Announcement Tab will be displayed in its own region of the Chat Area, showing either above the General Chat or to the side, depending on where your Chat Area is placed.
- Once set here, the Announcements tab will be visible in your room:
There are a number of customization options you can set for your announcements
- Save your announcements: A convenient way to save your special announcement to re-post again at a later date.
- Add a customized background to your announcement: Make your announcement more appealing. Specify an announcement’s importance by the color of its background.
- Remove announcements after X amount of minutes: Have your announcement automatically remove itself after 1, 2, 5, 10, or however many minutes!