Now you can use a web browser to access your Webinato webinar room!
Click HERE for more information
Webinato Attendees, Admins and Presenters can now choose to listen to, and even present, webinar audio using either a computer microphone or a phone line.
Selecting an Audio Mode
When first entering a Webinato room, the Attendee is given the choice of listening to audio using Computer Speakers or by using a Phone Line.
Selecting "Use Computer" will immediately take the Attendee to the webinar content.
- Computer Mode is largely left unchanged with this integration.
If the Attendee chooses "Use Phone" they will be presented with the phone line connection options dialogue box:
Here, the Attendee can choose from either the default number or any of the local numbers that appear in the pull-down list. Depending on the webinar, there may also be a Toll-Free option.
MODERATOR NOTE: For Toll-Free options, please contact our sales department
After dialing the number, the user will be prompted to enter the following:
A 6-digit Conference ID, followed by either "#" (for attendees), or "*" (for presenters).
- If a presenter wishes to present using phone audio and presses "*" after the Conference ID, they will be prompted to enter the 4-digit Host Pin, followed by "#". This pin is not shown to regular attendees.
- A 5-digit User ID, followed by "#"
- Attendees' lines will be muted by default.
- Admins/Presenters' lines will be un-muted by default.
Switching to a Different Audio ModeTo switch audio modes during a presentation, simply click the Audio Mode button of your choice, located at the bottom left corner of the webinar window:
Depending on what you choose, there will be certain effects:
- If you are switching to Phone Audio, any activated webcams and microphones will be turned off and be unavailable until you choose to use Computer Audio again.
- If you are switching to Computer Audio, the active phone line will be disconnected, with the audio message "Your participation in this conference has been terminated by the host. Goodbye."
Using Phone Audio Mode
When using Phone Audio Mode, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- All active Presenter microphones will be transmitted to the integrated phone line, and will be heard by all Attendees connected via the phone line.
There are certain audio events that will NOT be transmitted to the integrated phone line, and will be broadcast over computer speakers ONLY. These events include:
- Video Player Audio (both uploaded and YouTube)
- Sound Effects
- Radio Station Audio
- Audio Player/MP3 Audio
- There is no way to dial out to an external number using the integrated phone line.
Left-click on attendee's name, select "Grant Controls"
Check the box next to "Microphone" to activate that Attendee's phone line, as well
Mute/Unmute Attendees that have been granted control using the AV Remote Control
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article