- Screen Sharing Software cannot connect to live room
- Screen Sharing Software crashes at launch
On January 5, 2016, Microsoft has released a patch to fix the problems with their recent update that caused the Webinato Screen Sharing Software to crash in Windows 10.. Directions to install the patch, and ensure that your Screen Sharing launches properly, can be found below.
- Run Windows Update: Please make sure Windows installs Update KB3133431, the Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10. This will fix the problems seen from Update KB3132372:
- To access Windows Update in Windows 10, open the Start Menu (at the bottom left of the Taskbar), click on the Settings link, and then the Update & Security link:
- You can also do a search for Windows Update in the Search Box
- Verify Your Webinato Screen Sharing Software Version: Verify that you have Version 4 of the Webinato Screen Sharing Software, dated 12/31/2015, installed by going to the Programs and Features Control Panel (or to the Control Panel item "Uninstall a Program" and checking there.
- If you do not have Version 4 installed, you will be prompted to Upgrade when you launch Screen Sharing from your room.
- If you have already Upgraded and you are still getting prompted to Upgrade on subsequent launches, please clear your browser cache, reenter the room, and click Launch, not Install. This should reset the browser settings and allow you to launch normally from there.
- Enter Room and Start Screen Sharing: After updating Windows and the Webinato Screen Sharing Software, you should be able to use Screen Sharing as normal.
- If you are being prompted to Upgrade even after installing the updated Screen Sharing software, please exit the room, clear your recent browser cache, and reenter the room. Once there, click Start Screen Sharing and click Launch instead of Install. The software should launch normally.
- If you get the error box stating that the software cannot connect to the live room, please click OK and retry Screen Sharing again. It should work fine the second time. If it does not, exit the room, clear your recent browser cache, and try again.
- If you experience any other unexpected behavior, please follow these instructions to uninstall and reinstall the projector. Install or Reinstall the Screen Sharing Application