Access Webinato with a Web Browser - No Downloads Needed Any Longer!
Now you can use a web browser to access your Webinato webinar room!
Click HERE for more information
An Organizer/Presenter can set a number of different preferences and options for their attendees. First, click the Screen Sharing settings button
Once you have that opened you will have access to the following options.
Screen Sharing Settings - Viewer tab
- Keep Proportions: If enabled, proportions will be kept when the Fit to Screen option is used.
- Play sound when screen sharing starts: If enabled, the sound will be played each time when screen sharing starts.
Screen Sharing Settings - Screen Sharing application tab
- Remove wallpaper when sharing your screen: Desktop wallpaper will be removed when sharing your monitor. This option will only be effective with the Monitor projection mode.
- Don't show the drawing on/off button on the projected area: The drawing on/off button will not be moved to the shared area.
- Hide other windows when sharing a window: This setting is important if the projection mode is set to Application. Other application windows will not be shown even if accidentally opened by the presenter.
- Only show visible windows in the application list: If enabled, this will prevent showing the list of minimized applications. This setting only works if the projection mode is Application.
There are some advanced options that a user can choose to edit from if preferred, although changing these values is not recommended for new or inexperienced users.
Advanced Settings (changes are not recommended)
- Use Image Driver: If enabled, the Image Driver will be used. The Image Driver enhances and speeds up the application. However, if a system utility or an application interrupts or in conflict with the Image Driver, there will be screen sharing problems. Either this option has to be deselected or the conflicting application or utility has to be closed to avoid serious issues.
- Share parent windows only - no sub-areas: Only the parent windows will be shared if this option is selected.
- Use internal Screen Sharing application: This allows you to use the Screen Sharing interface inside of the room itself. If this is unchecked, you will see the Screen Sharing controls outside of the room layout, in a separate window.
- Disable Aero Effects (faster image): This will disable the Windows Aero effect when the Screen Sharing application is launched. Windows Aero effects use a considerable amount of system memory and video memory. By deselecting this option, screen sharing will be smoother, especially for machines that have limited system resources.
- Use Tight Encoding: Tight Encoding is a technique used to compress pixel data, images, and screens. Tight encoding is usually the best choice for low-bandwidth network environments. Use this option when there are clients on different internet connections with lower bandwidths. In case of any issues, please refer to this article.
- Security port: The security port setting for the Screen Sharing application. This port can be customized in the event that the projector cannot connect to the room server correctly, due to the port being used by another application. The default port number for this setting is 1111.
- Screen Sharing port: The port that will be used to carry out the screen sharing. The port can be customized to suit the need of the presenter although it is not recommended if shared through a network which has tight security measures applied. The default port number for this setting is 6900.
- Image Quality in bits: Image quality (Color Depth) in bits. 32-bit selection will require higher bandwidth.
The drawing Button provides a Marker Pen. This will enable Presenters to mark, highlight or write on the Projected Window.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article