When setting up your Webinato room for the first time, there are a few things you should focus on first so you can make sure the room works well for both your Presenters and your Attendees.
First and foremost, you should set up a Short Link name for your company. This will help your Presenters, and event Attendees, easily remember access links to your rooms so they can always know where to go for your live events. To do this:
- Login to your Admin Page
- Click on Modify Organization Settings in the Account section, at the top of the page
- Change your Short Link Name, and then check it's availability
- Click the Update button at the bottom of the page to update your settings
You will also want to set your logo and other settings on this page too, but for initially setting up your room, this can be done later. For more info on Organization Settings, click here.
Next, you'll want to modify the default settings for your room to make it more your own. You can set various things like room name, available content modules, and many other settings. To access your room settings, return to your Admin Page, and click Modify Room Settings, and then your room name (it will probably be "room1" at this point, as this is the default name for your first room).
On this page, you have access to the many settings for your room. While some of these settings may be familiar to you, others may be a bit confusing, especially if you have never used Webinato before. We have your back, though, with helpful tooltips available for each setting. If you're unsure what a setting does, just hover your cursor over the ? icons, and a tooltip will popup explaining what the setting does to your room.
Some important settings to change so you can make your room more personal and accessible:
- Room Name: Sometimes "room1" just isn't good enough, so pick a name that speaks to the content you're going to present. Be creative, but be succinct as well.
- Short room URL: Again, this should match the content you plan to have in the room, but should also be short enough to easily remember and type in (for example, your attendees wouldn't want to type in "/weeklywebconferencemeeting" every time they want to login)
- Guest Attendee Password: This will secure your room and allow only those guests who have the password inside. You can also choose to leave this blank, if you wish.
- Room Functions: From this section, you can choose what Media Module tabs and Organizer Tools you want active in your room, as well as set Chat Options, Audio Notifications, and so on. Mouse over the various tooltip icons there for more information.
- Room Layout: Here, you can set automated greetings for your guests in chat, determine what Attendees can and cannot see, and a few other settings.
After customizing what modules and tools you want, launch your room and click on the main Settings and Options gear at the top right of the interface, and then click the Smart Skin tab.
Here, you can further customize the look of your room by changing the color palette to one of the pre-selected variants, or by choosing custom colors to match your company. For more information on the Smart Skin feature, click here.
Staying in the Settings and Options window, next click the Layout Manager tab.
Here you can choose to add/remove Media Module Tabs, switch to Split Screen Mode to show multiple pieces of content at once, and also set the chat position for your room.
After launching your room and verifying all the settings you changed from the above step, you;re ready to start uploading content. This will include Slides, videos for the Video Player, and so on. Please refer to the following articles for tutorials on how to use the different modules in Webinato to upload content: