The World Map is a great tool to create a sense of camaraderie or to show scope of the audience. The Map displays the geographical locations of all participants, based on their IP addresses. You can not only view the map as an organizer but share the map with your entire audience.
Who has Access to the World Map?
Only an Organizer can utilize the World Map tool.
Enabling the World Map
Log in to the admin page as an organizer with administrative rights.
Click the Modify Room Settings link.
Click the desired room from the list, to view and edit properties.
Find the section "Additional Organizer Tools :"
Select the checkbox next to the World Map.
Scroll down and click the Update Changes button.
Start a new session (End the current session for all the participants, if a session is already running) by opening the webinar room.
Click Tools and confirm the availability.
- Click the Tools menu at the bottom right of your screen.
- Click Map. This world map will popup.
- Show to All: Click this button to display the map for all participants. Map appears on top of the eCurtain.
- Close For All: Appears when you click Show to All. This closes the map for all. Please note. Instead of clicking Close for All, if you click Close, all the new participants and current participants will still see the map. Therefore, when you close it, click this button.
- Close: Closed the map for an individual.
- Show On Map: To show a location of a specific person, type the email address in the box and press this button.
- Zoom In/Zoom Out: Zooms the map in and out. If you wish to use your mouse and keyboard to zoom in and out, press and hold the Ctrl (Ctrl on Windows, Command key on Mac OS) key and scroll the mouse wheel up and down.
Hand tool: This tool helps you to scroll the map. Click anywhere on the map and drag to scroll.
- The Blue color Pin on the map pinpoints the location of each participant. To show the name of the participant, move the mouse pointer onto the pin.
- These pins are flexible. You can drag the pins when there are multiple participants. This aids a better viewing experience.